For: Members of the public who are interested in supporting the West of England Genomics partnership. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
When: Thursday 28th January 2016, 1 t0 3 pm, lunch will be provided and available from 12.30 pm.
Where: UHB Trust Headquarters, central Bristol
- Introductions and welcome
- A short briefing from our lead clinicians on what the Genomics Medical Partnership aims to achieve and how we think it will apply to patients with rare diseases and patients who have cancer
- Discussion about how we can gather feedback from people who use our new services about their experience so we can improve and develop the services
- Discussion about how we can raise public awareness about the 100,000 genomes project in the West of England. (you might also like to look at the Genomics England website for the range of national material http://www.genomicsengland.co.uk/ and at the West of England Academic Health Science Network website http://www.weahsn.net/what-we-do/improving-patient-outcomes-through-genomics
- Short briefing on the role of public contributors on the West of England Genomics Implementation group – we are looking for two public contributors for this group, further details can be found on the Opportunties page
Register: Places are limited and must be booked in advance. Please confirm if you can join us by Monday 25th. January to email@example.com or ring 0117 342 1251. If you have any particular dietary requirements please can you let us know.