- This event has passed.
Introduction to public involvement
November 14, 2019 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pmFREE
Involving patients in research, known as patient and public involvement (PPI), can help;
- ensure that research addresses patients’ needs;
- avoid unforeseen problems;
- improve recruitment and retention to studies; and
- contribute to the successful dissemination of findings.
For: Anyone who is interested in, or responsible for, developing patient and public involvement within their organisation.
What: A two-hour workshop exploring ways of involving patients and the public throughout the research cycle and discuss its associated benefits and challenges.
- Get an overview of public involvement; what is it, why do we do it?
- Hear from a public contributor about what it’s like to be involved in research
- Get practical tips on how to involve members of the public including recruitment and payment
- Understand how to facilitate public involvement groups
- Come away with a suite of resources to get you started with public involvement
The workshop will be delivered by the public involvement team at the University of the West of England in collaboration with People in Health West of England.