- This event has passed.
Eating Disorder Health Integration Team (EDHIT) Open Evening – 19th October
October 19, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Your voice can help improve local eating disorder healthcare services – come and let your voice be heard!
What: We invite you to take part in an informal consultation and discussion evening with the Eating Disorders Health Integration Team (EDHIT), a group of doctors, psychiatrists, and other healthcare professionals, plus researchers, voluntary groups, funders and local commissioners, all working together to improve services for people with eating disorders in Bristol and the surrounding area. EDHIT is one of the Health Integration Teams working within Bristol Health Partnership.
This event is one of many taking place during Bristol Healthy City Week.
Who is it for: Anyone who has experience of having or caring for someone with an Eating Disorder. If you or someone you know could help us with this, do please register and pass on the invitation to others.
Why: Your voice is extremely important for EDHIT – we cannot improve services without the input of service users!
EDHIT was officially recognised and awarded funding by Bristol Health Partners earlier in 2016.
We have already started on some projects and have plans for more. How are we doing? What do you think? It’s essential to know what people such as yourself, who has experience of or cared for someone with an eating disorder, thinks of these plans and what order of priority the activities should be for the team.
More information about the evening:
• Hugh Herzig and Helen Malson (EDHIT Directors) will be leading the evening with and Ellen Devine (PPI facilitator)
• We will start the meeting by introducing the people involved in the EDHIT and updating everyone about our work
• We will then ask you to say what you think about work done so far and plans to come for different aspects of the HIT
• There will also be opportunity for general feedback and for you to ask any questions
• You can come along and listen; there will be no pressure to speak if you do not wish to.
• There will be an opportunity to sign up to be involved in future EDHIT work, but this is entirely optional.
• You can also write down your thoughts, or follow up by contacting one of us for later discussion
• Tea, coffee, squash & water will be available; food will not be provided.
Any questions: If you have any questions about EDHIT, this event or wayt to get involved in the future, please get in touch